Before. Click through for inspiration for a modern kitchen makeover, that will still work for renters! #beforekitchen #kitchenmakeover #kitcheninspiration

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Delta® Faucet. The opinions and text are all mine.

Side by side on the list for revamps / renovations for the 12 rooms in 12 months series is the kitchen! And honestly, I couldn't be more excited to finally be working on information technology.

I'k teaming upward with Delta® Faucet to make information technology all happen. And today I'g sharing ALL the before photos of the space / talking through my inspiration. Click through to see it all and weigh in on my blueprint ideas.

Before. Inspiration for a modern kitchen makeover, that will still work for renters! #beforekitchen #kitchenmakeover #kitcheninspiration

When we walked through the house the first fourth dimension, the kitchen seemed unassuming enough. It has nice marble and quartz countertops and is a pretty open infinite. We also liked the fact that we finally had a kitchen island long enough for barstools when entertaining. BUT the finishes and fixture were things that Jeff and I would never take chosen on our own. The night espresso cabinets, huge brass pendant light, and dark statuary faucet were all things in the 'non loving information technology' category. So, nosotros knew those had to go immediately. Well…non the cabinets. Permit me explain…

Unfortunately, there are a few things in the current kitchen that we tin't change because we're renting – similar the cabinets, counters, and backsplash. So nosotros're opting for other corrective changes that will elevate what's existing and make a large visual impact, inspired by the clean lines of the Delta Mateo Faucet I selected as part of the makeover.

Don't worry though. There are still plenty of things we can do to visually update the infinite and we'll exist doing everything we can! Including swapping out the existing faucet and calorie-free fixture, irresolute out the current cabinet hardware, adding decorative elements – like barstools, a cool rug, a pot rack bar underneath the range hood, etc.Nosotros've already started making some of the changes backside the scenes and I can confidently say that all of the smaller changes nosotros're implementing volition make a world of divergence in the end.

Mood board for a modern kitchen makeover (and all the ideas are renter friendly)! #beforekitchen #kitchenmakeover #kitcheninspiration #renterfriendlymakeover

Source listing (above): lighting // pot rack bar // barstools // Mateo faucet // removable wallpaper // rug

Keeping in mind the simplicity and organic style of my dining room, which is open to the kitchen, I want the unabridged first floor to feel cohesive, while notwithstanding giving the kitchen its ain divers look. And considering I can't modify the dark cabinets, that's going to exist a flake of a challenge.

By and large, I'm a light and bright kind of daughter when information technology comes to decor and the fact that the lower cabinets are so night is kind of killing me. But there's not much I can do almost it, so I'll simply take to design something that works with the cabinets, instead of against them. Here'south my plan…

Before images for a modern kitchen makeover (and all the ideas are renter friendly)! #beforekitchen #kitchenmakeover #kitcheninspiration #renterfriendlymakeover

The island is the area that volition see the about alter. Similar I mentioned before, we'll exist switching out our existing faucet for a brand new Mateo faucet – Single Handle Pull-Down Bar / Prep Faucet with Touch2O® Technology from Delta Faucet. I went with the Arctic Stainless finish to blend in with our appliances, simply at that place are other finishes available as well if you're interested. More here.

Having a faucet with Touch2O® Technology will definitely brand things a whole lot easier when my hands are muddy from DIY projects or when I'm cooking in the kitchen. So, I'thousand pretty pumped nigh it. You can affect right on the spout or handle to start and stop the menstruation of water. I've always wanted of these. Tin can yous tell I'yard excited?!

Before photos for a modern kitchen makeover (and all the ideas are renter friendly)! #beforekitchen #kitchenmakeover #kitcheninspiration #renterfriendlymakeover

Along with the new faucet, we'll be calculation a new light fixture. I'm opting for a smaller, more than airy option that won't take up as much space visually. Merely I'm thinking we'll go with a dark metallic finish to tie in the cabinet color and assist remainder the room. Then, nosotros'll add a carpet on the opposite side and barstools to the bar peak side and so in that location's some seating for entertaining. Haven't decided on the barstools or carpet options withal. Any suggestions?

And as a terminal idea for the island, I'm hoping to create more than of a statement underneath the bar top on that one side. I have a plan to add a (removable) pattern wallpaper underneath to add interest. Which volition as well lighten up that side of the space and be the bridge between the lightness of the dining room and the slightly more dramatic kitchen. There are a couple of patterns that would work for this and they all have an earthy, absurd vibe. They kind of remind me of h2o in the fashion the patterns move, so it feels like a perfect fit.

From at that place, it's just small changes – similar switching out the cabinet hardware and adding the pot rack bar for easy admission to utensils we use all the time.

Before photos for a modern kitchen makeover (and all the ideas are renter friendly)! #beforekitchen #kitchenmakeover #kitcheninspiration #renterfriendlymakeover

Before photos for a modern kitchen makeover (and all the ideas are renter friendly)! #beforekitchen #kitchenmakeover #kitcheninspiration #renterfriendlymakeover

Before photos for a modern kitchen makeover (and all the ideas are renter friendly)! #beforekitchen #kitchenmakeover #kitcheninspiration #renterfriendlymakeover

And that'due south pretty much everything for now. If you take any suggestions for what y'all'd similar to see in the final room reveal, allow me know. I'd beloved to make this ane more than interactive with you guys and because I'm still (mostly) in the design stage, I tin can still make changes and add things, etc based on your feedback if y'all have whatsoever ideas.